Our Coffee Appreciation course is not only about the experience and enjoyment of the bean to cup method of coffee making. It also equips participants with essential skills necessary to start roasting their own coffee, and even creating their own signature blend.
What You Will Learn
- Coffee roasting theory
- Chemical changes coffee beans undergo during the roasting process, and how to apply this knowledge when roasting your own beans
- Green coffee bean origins and selection
- Essential equipment and maintenance
- How to recognise—and avoid—errors made during roasting
- Degrees of roast and flavour profiles
- Basic coffee blending techniques
- How to roast the bean of your choice, from single origin to creating your own blend. We offer a broad range of coffee beans for you to choose from.
- How to make the same coffee in five different ways: classic espresso, drip method, French press, pour-over, and Turkish style
CHT utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. As this is a non-accredited course, no assessment is applicable.
Our Coffee Appreciation course is designed for small groups. This helps participants enjoy an in-depth experience that is intimate and memorable
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a non-accredited Certificate of Participation.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.
Fees and Government Funding
|Tuition Fees (GST Exempt)||Cost|
Are you eligible for a Government Subsidy?
Government funding is not available for the standalone Coffee Appreciation course; however, you might want to consider doing our Government funded* Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416).
If you are an Australian citizen (or permanent resident) you may be eligible for this subsidised course.
Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416) is a nationally recognised qualification which includes:
- Barista Coffee
- Food Handling and Food Safety Supervisor
- Leadership and Management
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Waiting Skills
- Plus much more!
Visit the course page for further details: Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416)
Click here to see CHT’s fee schedule.
*This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.