If you want to work in any bar, club, cafe, restaurant or venue (including liquor stores and bottle shops) that sells alcohol in Victoria, you will need a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate, accredited by the Victorian Commission for Liquor and Gambling Regulation (VCGLR). Our RSA course in Melbourne’s CBD is approved by the VCGLR. The course runs for 4 hours and upon completion learners will obtain a VCGLR approved RSA certificate.
What You Will Learn
- Problems associated with excessive consumption
- Alcohol and the law
- Who is responsible?
- Facts about alcohol
- Strategies for responsible service
- Refusal of service
CHT utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. To achieve competence in this course you will need to complete a written assessment and a skills demonstration.
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a VCGLR approved certificate:
Responsible service of alcohol
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps:
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.
Fees and Government Funding
|Tuition Fees (GST Exempt)||Cost|
Are you eligible for a Government Subsidy?
Government funding is not available for the standalone RSA course; however, you might want to consider doing our Government funded* Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416), which includes RSA amongst other subjects.
If you are an Australian citizen (or permanent resident) you may be eligible for this subsidised course.
Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416) is a nationally recognised qualification which includes:
- Barista Coffee
- Food Handling and Food Safety Supervisor
- Leadership and Management
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Waiting Skills
- Plus much more!
Visit the course page for further details: Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416)
Click here to see CHT’s fee schedule.
*This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.