Mentone Grammar provides students with entry-level skills to facilitate employment opportunities.
Mentone Grammar is the benchmark for outstanding coeducation in bayside Melbourne from their Early Learning Centre through to Year 12. Their dynamic Year 9 Greenways Campus is a successful model of diverse and interactive engagement. Their model is to provide each student with an abundance of opportunities to succeed and thrive to prepare them all for a fast-paced, changing world.
Mentone Grammar wanted to provide their Year 9 students with employability skills and an insight into the hospitality industry.
As a part of their Year 9 program, Mentone Grammar students spend time learning how to manage their student run café (Greenways Café).
- Development of a customised and tailored training program specific to the needs of Mentone Grammar’s students.
- Designing a training program that complemented the existing curriculum structure and was engaging and inspiring for the students
- Deliver a training program that provides students with accredited micro-credentials as a pathway to employment or further education.
Mentone Grammar chose to partner with Complete Hospitality Training (CHT) as CHT is a boutique Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that has been delivering hospitality training for almost 50 years.
CHT’s strong reputation for integrity, high quality and a personalised approach to training was a great benefit to Mentone Grammar’s students.
CHT’s trainers are all industry experts, who mentored and guided Mentone Grammar’s students whilst providing them with hands-on practical training and transferable skills to facilitate future employment opportunities.
Mentone Grammar’s students have learnt valuable skills in:
- Financial literacy.
- Business management.
- Barista coffee (accredited); and
- Food handling (accredited).
The customers of Greenways Café can expect to be greeted with a warm smile, fresh and delicious food, hot coffee – and the occasional upsell!