Responsible Service of Alcohol

Do you want to work in the hospitality industry?

Anyone working in a licensed venue around Australia must complete a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course that is approved by regional liquor authorities, such as Liquor Control Victoria (LCV) or Liquor & Gaming NSW. RSA training will teach you how to serve alcohol in a safe and legal way.

Complete Hospitality Training (CHT) is accredited by Liquor Control Victoria (LCV) to deliver Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA) training in Victoria. CHT is also accredited by Liquor & Gaming NSW to Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA) training in NSW.


At CHT, our RSA training covers everything you need to know about serving alcohol responsibly. You will learn about:

  • The effects of alcohol on the body and mind
  • The laws and regulations related to alcohol service
  • The responsibilities of licensees and staff
  • The standard drink sizes and alcohol content
  • The signs of intoxication and how to refuse service
  • The strategies to prevent and manage alcohol-related problems

Our RSA course is delivered in two modes: face-to-face or online in a virtual classroom. Both modes are conducted by our experienced trainers and include a written assessment and a skills demonstration. Depending on your location, we include the region specific RSA training for Victoria or New South Wales.


When you successfully complete our RSA course, you will receive:

  • A Statement of Attainment for the unit of competence: SITHFAB021 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
  • Victorian based training also receive their Liquor Control Victoria RSA Certificate
  • NSW based training receives an interim certificate provided by Liquor & Gaming NSW, used to acquire the NSW Competency Card


Mode Outcome Further Details
Face-to-Face SITHFAB021 + Liquor Control Victoria Certificate
SITHFAB021 + Liquor & Gaming NSW Interim Certificate
Virtual Class SITHFAB021 + Liquor Control Victoria Certificate


To enrol in our RSA course, you need to be at least and have a good level of English. If you need a translator or interpreter, you must enrol in our face-to-face RSA course.

To start your enrolment, select a date on the relevant course page, fill in your personal details and make a payment online. Following that, you will receive a confirmation email and instructions on how to complete the full registration.

If you have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you at CHT!



How much alcohol is in a standard drink?

There is approximately 10 grams of pure alcohol in one standard drink.

How long is an RSA certificate valid for?

An RSA certificate from Liquor Control Victoria is valid for 3 years. An RSA certificate from Liquor & Gaming NSW has a validity of 5 years. Both can be refreshed via their state’s regulation authority website. Your unit of competency (SITHFAB021) is recognised nationally and does not expire.

What People Say About Us

Complete Hospitality Training